Friday, November 5, 2010

Play pen or Jail?



We got a playpen for Ava this week, and for a kid who has never liked her crib or any kind of confinement I was a little wary of how she would react to this. Still a little on the fence (no pun intended) about this play pen concept. I understand needing to contain your little one at times when you need to...God Forbid...take a shower or do dishes, but is it worth it?




I dont want her to feel like its a jail. But I do want her to have a safe and cushy environment to play. And frankly, our 2 bedroom duplex is only so baby proofed. We have the cabinet locks and the outlet covers but if I step on ONE MORE TOY in the middle of the night and re-roll a roll of TP or put back all her shoes and socks that she pulled out .... i think I might have to give up on housekeeping all together!
So, chris picked up some cushy foam letters playmat and a play yard gate from Babies r Us, i liked the idea but is it TOO confining?

No comments:

Post a Comment