Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm a career mom now?


Life is busy with a 10month old that wants to walk and a new job that requires my attention from home!
Now I understand why working momma's need nannies even at home!

I love my new job. I have 90days to prove myself and increase the doctors "clientele" A LOT. Its a lot of pressure, but I welcome the challenge. What I didnt expect was how little I would be able to actually do from home. The whole reason I took this job was because they said I could primarily work from my phone and email. However my daughter finds my phone and computer (and basically anything else I am focused on) very interesting and fun. She can pull herself up to a standing position now and is almost always at my feet or latched to my leg. haha. its actually very cute :)
I LOVE this age. She is so interactive and smiles a lot more now! She isnt a fan of my new job though. It takes the attention away from her.

Our new game plan now that I am working, is to stay local and settle down. Chris is going to join the National Guard or Reserves and go back to school. Hopefully we can buy a house next year. *fingers crossed*

Another big thing coming up is AVA'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!
I am having soooo much fun planning it!
I want to have a caricature artist or a face painter there. we are renting a couple of big white beautiful tents for my parents backyard for some shade. I am going to have a few water games for the kids and also bake cookies and let the kids go nuts decorating! I can't wait.
I still havent decided on a theme. I am thinking about these:
1) FAIRIES. I could have all the kids wear little fairy wings and I could wear a flower wreath on my head. Plus it would be soooo pretty to decorate.
2) Safari Animals. Ava loves giraffes and elephants, we've taken her to the zoo a few times. We have lots of books on safari animals and she has lots of toys too...it would be gender neutral too, fun for everyone.
3) Cupcakes! I had cupcakes at my babyshower, plus i love the cuppycake song. It would be easy to find cupcake decorations and the kids could decorate cupcakes instead of cookies.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment