Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fevers.

Ava's fever peaked around 4am at 101 degrees F. she was SOOO hot to the touch. i stripped her down and used a cool washcloth to pat down her head and body. I don't know how I remembered this waldorf tip.. but put lemon in her socks! i gave her a tiny dose of infant tylenol. she is still warm, but not over 100 degrees now.
Up all night with a sick baby = mommy's heart aching.

i held her for over 3 hours this morning.
she slept on my chest. skin to skin.
my head is throbbing and my eyes are burning. i feel like i need a long cold shower.
i did the nose aspirator thing again. next thing i see is a tiny bit of blood in her runny nose.
throwing nose aspirator thing away.
rubbed vicks baby rub on her chest.
made her cry.
threw that away.
changed her diaper.
dry.
nursed her again.
dry.
dirty bottles. no bottled water.
sent chris to the store.
4 hours later still no chris.
sweaty sick girls with fevers and runny noses.
reality tv.
gross.
microwaved frozen lunch.
gave ava puffs.
she bit her tongue.
crying.
held her.
my lunch is cold now.
so thirsty.
ava is asleep again.
still no chris.
just got a text...
..."want starbucks?"
i fucking love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment