Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scariest moment of my life

This morning was pretty typical... except Ava slept a little longer than usual, probably because she had virtually no naps yesterday (damn teething!).
Anyway, Chris gave Ava breakfast (peaches and oatmeal) and I was on the computer on the couch with my back turned to them.
I could hear Ava playing in her highchair, banging on the tray, saying 'mmmmm'..and then Chris says "ok babe I'm going out to the garage for a little bit"...without looking up i said "k, see you in a sec."
I didnt think to take a look at Ava, because I could hear her in the highchair still banging, what i thought were just her hands, on the tray. Then all of a sudden I hear a gulping noise and a gasp. I spun around really quick and saw Ava gasping for air and a broken "barley bar" teething biscuit in her hand! She was turning blueish purple!!!!! I threw my brand new laptop off my lap and flew toward her. I put my entire finger (down to the knuckle!) down her throat a swooped out a chunk of this biscuit. Ava threw up and was gagging and it scared her so she was still gasping for breath because she was crying so hard. I took her out of the highchair and smacked her little back to get the rest out. More chunks came out along with some mucusy-drool stuff. I blew in her face so she would take a breath and cry.
All of this lasted maybe 10 seconds. but i am telling you, it was the longest..scariest...worst 10 seconds of my whole life.
We both we crying. Chris came running in and I said 'you didnt tell me!!'...which is the worst thing you could say..poor chris...anyway, me and ava are crying and chris is just holding us and saying he will never give her another barley bar again and we're throwing them away and never buying them again.

SERIOUSLY. THE WORST MORNING EVER.

1 comment: