Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To work or not to work...



Until recently I have been working as a nanny and bringing Ava with me. It has worked out great and I loved the extra money to contribute to household things and of course shopping for Ava:)
Now that she is older, and more active, it is going to be harder to find a job where I can bring her. Before I could just put her in the baby bjorn or lay her on a blanket and it was all good!
Because I am still breastfeeding I am hesitant to put her with a babysitter or a daycare for too long.
Thats not my only hesitation.
I don't have anyone available to me to watch Ava daily for 5 or 6 hours at a time for free...and I am not looking for a 40 hr a week job that pays me enough to afford daycare.
We wont be evicted or have our lights turned off if I don't work. We won't completely sink. But I feel like I need to make SOMETHING. Just to take the pressure off Chris.

Of course there are always things I can do to help: Clip coupons, shop at Consignment and thrift stores, sell my clothes, sell Ava's clothes, I could still do facial/body waxing on the side for some extra money...

There is a lot on my mind right now:/

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl if you ever need a babysitter I'd be more than happy to take Ava off your hands! Right now I'm either going to class at 1pm or 5:30pm so I have a good chunk of the day to watch her. Just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say stay home - clipping coupons and shopping for deals and things like that, really do make the money stretch. Maybe also look into becoming a medical transcriptionist. My sister's friend is a stay at home mom, and it took her 6 months to get certified, and now she gets side money working for doctors and stuff. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete